Grout & Tile Cleaning Instructions
Southern Maine Tile & Grout Cleaning Instructions
Cleaning Solution- Dilute ½ cup Windex with a gallon of water
For your floor:
- Always vacuum or sweep your floor to remove all dirt and particles
- Apply the cleaning solution with a mop. DO NOT use large amounts of the cleaning solution. Use as little as possible to get the job done. Let the solution sit on the floor for 3 or 4 minutes to loosen any dirt or oils.
- Remove excess solution. Use a clean, dry terry cloth towel and wipe the cleaner from the floor. You can use a towel over a swiffer style mop to get the same results. Change the towel often.
- Finally, wipe out all of the grout lines with a terry cloth towel. Again, you can use a swiffer style mop, but make sure you remove all the solution from the grout lines.
FOR STUBBORN AREAS, SPRAY OR WIPE ON A STRONGER WINDEX SOLUTION AND LET IT STAND FOR 5 MINUTES. WIPE OFF WITH A CLEAN DAMP CLOTH OR AGITATE SLIGHTLY WITH A VERY SOFT TOOTHBRUSH.
For your shower:
- Use the same cleaning solution or another mild cleaner.
- Spray or wipe the area with the solution to loosen up dirt and soap scum.
- We recommend using a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean the tile.
- Use a terry cloth towel to wipe out the grout lines. For stubborn areas use a very soft toothbrush to agitate.
TO HELP KEEP YOUR SHOWER CLEAN, ALWAYS TRY TO WIPE IT DOWN OR USE A WINDOW SQUEEGEE AFTER YOU FINISH USING THE SHOWER. KEEPING IT CLEAN AND DRY WILL HELP YOU ADD YEARS TO YOUR INVESTMENT.
Get Your Free Quote Today
With just a little information, we can provide you with a free quote for your grout cleaning project.